We can help adjust your electrical service to facilitate construction, renovation or maintenance projects at your home, business or work site.
As you begin planning your project, it's important to consider the electrical work needed to complete the work safely, from start to finish. A licensed electrician can advise you if electrical work is needed.
Once you have a plan, let us know if an adjustment to your electrical service is needed by completing a Service Request form at least three to four weeks before you begin your work.
With our online Service Request form, you can request a new Hydro service, additional meters, a temporary disconnection (service isolation), disconnection (service removal), an underground cable relocation or assistance with other electrical services.
Select one of the following to begin
Third Parties who would like to attach to Hydro Ottawa Poles can submit a permit by clicking on this link. All third parties must have a valid agreement in place, and receive permit approval from Hydro Ottawa before attaching. For telecommunication submissions, please refer to the Pole Attachments Permit Review Checklist for more information on the review process.
- The following information is needed to complete the Service Request form: name, location, type of work, amperage/voltage and orientation
- Requests should be submitted three to four weeks in advance of your project start date
- We will contact you within five to ten business days from the date the form is submitted to discuss your request
- Once we’ve had a chance to review the request, an estimate (also known as a Customer Layout) will be provided by email
- Depending on the work required, additional time may be needed for ordering new equipment and coordinating with other utilities
- Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment or a service request
- Each property is allowed one complimentary Customer Layout (estimate) per year
- To learn more about our terms and conditions, see our Conditions of Service (Section 3.0)
What is a Customer Layout?
A Customer Layout is an estimate we provide after we’ve had a chance to review your request. It includes information about the project and any applicable fees. Once the applicable fees have been paid, please contact the Service Desk at 613-738-6418 (select Option 2) to schedule the service.